Whether you are on a detox cleanse or just trying to eat generally healthy, adopting an anti-inflammatory food lifestyle is a great idea. The best way to be successful, especially as you’re getting started is to plan out your meals.
Breakfast is an important meal of the day because it provides our body with the fuel that we need to accomplish all our activities. When thinking of how to create a healthy breakfast, consider including some form of clean animal protein such as grass-fed beef, organic poultry, organic eggs, and wild fish. Then, be sure to pair it with veggies and healthy fats such as extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil, avocado, nuts and seeds.
Variety is key so we don’t get bored but also so that there is a wide array of nutrients that we provide our body. Here is a fantastic recipe for making deliciously savory and slightly sweet turkey & apple sausage. Paired with some sliced avocado or cucumber and a drizzle of olive oil, this is a fantastic way to start the day!
- 1 lb ground turkey dark meat
- 1/2 cup apples finely minced
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp fresh sage minced
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbs avocado oil
- In large bowl, combine turkey, apples, spices, and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Using wet hands, form meat mixture into 12 small 'thin' patties and place on parchment paper.
- Heat large skillet over medium/high heat and heat 1/2 tbs of oil. When oil is hot and shimmery but not smoking, add patties to pan, being careful to not overcrowd. Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until browned and no longer pink in center.
- Remove patties to plate lined with paper towel and repeat with remaining oil (1/2 tbs at a time) and turkey mixture.
- Store in covered container in fridge for up to 4 days or frozen for longer storage. To cook from frozen, add patty to small pan with few drops of water and heat over medium/low heat covered for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
When I saw this recipe for combining apple with turkey, I fell in love! I modified this delicious homemade turkey sausage recipe from this recipe: https://therealfoodrds.com/turkey-apple-sausage-patties/