Tigernut flour is made from tigernuts, but check this out– they’re nut-free! Tigernuts are actually small little root veggies and they pack a nutritious punch! Tigernuts are prebiotic which means they are food for our gut flora and help to create a healthier microbiome. Check out this delicious recipe for making fluffy pancakes out of a flour blend that includes tigernut flour.
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 1/4 cup optional ingredients (mixed berries, chocolate chips, chopped banana and nuts)
- Heat avocado oil on skillet on medium heat until shimmery but not smoking.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl with whisk until smooth consistency.
- Fold in optional ingredients.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles start to surface in pancake-- then flip and cook on remaining side until removing from heat.