Potato salad is always a winner at summer picnics but for those of you that are looking to reduce sugar by avoiding those white potatoes, here is a great, cold sweet potato salad perfect for those hot summer days. Learn to make paleo recipes online! Visit my food blog to find more fun paleo recipes…
- 2 lb mixed white and orange flesh sweet potatoes peeled and cut in chunks
- 3/4 cup paleo mayo avocado oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 + 1/2 TBS dijon mustard whole grain optional
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 4 eggs
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 2 TBS chopped fresh dill
- Bring pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes, cover and cook until fork tender but still firm to touch, about 8-10 minutes or more depending on size of potatoes. Drain water and let cool. Then add to large bowl.
- Boil water and add 4 eggs. Turn off heat and cover for 12 minutes. Drain and cool. Then, peel and chop. Add to large bowl.
- Add celery, pickles, and fresh herbs to bowl.
- In separate medium sized bowl, combine mayo, salt, pepper, mustard, and lemon juice. Mix well and add to mixture in bowl. Gently mix all ingredients and add more salt/pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to eat.