- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small box spinach
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (if tomatoes are dried, then rehydrate first in bowl of hot water for 15 minutes)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened hemp milk or other milk substitute
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin tin or insert baking cups.
- In skillet on medium heat, caramelize onion in olive oil until soft and translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Steam spinach with chicken stock. Drain, squeeze excess juice out of spinach, and set aside.
- Once onions and spinach are no longer extra hot, mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Using small ladle, fill muffin tin about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin tin and then on cooling rack before enjoying.
- Can refrigerate in airtight container and enjoy over the course of a few days!
You can mix up this recipe by adding in different flavor profiles such as sweetening it up with chopped sautéed apples and cinnamon and 2 TBS maple syrup or replacing spinach with other types of vegetables such as chopped and steamed or roasted asparagus and chopped fresh tomatoes. You can also add chopped smoked salmon or sausage. Get creative!