Weeknight Paleo Fajitas
Happy Hump Day!!
So darling family, how are the holidays? You surviving? I've been eating pretty clean and have stayed super consistent at the gym but have been drinking my face off. So today is day 3 of no drinking. I figured I'd give it a rest for a week or so to get back on track, my goal for the new year is to only drink on the weekends! Too much lifting, working, planning and running thangs during the week to be drinking so much damn wine! My biggest help in eating clean lately has been prep cooking on Sundays. Check out my prep day guide HERE. If you need ANY help or resources or advice, I'm your girl. I'm all certified and stuff now and have some great tips for getting through December and setting yourself for a killer 2015.
Be sure to not beat yourself if you have been indulging a bit, it's kind of inevitable for us to let everything slip in December and then set some goals for a fresh, new year. I'll never understand why we create such stress for ourselves around the holidays but it seems to just creep up and BAM! That's why I love January, that's why you have to check out some advice from yours truly and the Primal Vixen Program :).
I still can't believe I don't have a fajitas recipe on here! Jeez! Here's my super simple version of Paleo Fajitas. People get all crazy with them but I think this recipes is totally delicious and you know I like to keep it simple, sexy! This is a cook once eat twice meal. I had leftover over a big green salad with a dollop of guac and some fresh lime juice. Perfect weeknight meal with plenty of leftovers! Enjoy my sweet loves!
- skirt steak - 1 1/2 lb - cut into strips diagonally against the grain
- white onion - 1 - julienned
- red bell pepper - 1 - julienned
- yellow bell pepper - 1 - julienned
- EVOO - 3 tbsp
- garlic - 2 cloves - minced
- lime - 1 - juiced
- cumin - 1 tsp
- cajun seasoning - 1 tbsp - (Trader Joe's has the best!)
- butter lettuce - 6-8 leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Guac or avocados
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- Pickled jalapeños
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Coconut flour tortillas
- Place the sliced skirt steak in a bowl, add lime juice and 1/2 tbsp cajun seasoning, set aside
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat with 1 tbsp EVOO, add onions and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add the bell peppers, garlic, cumin, the other 1/2 tbsp of cajun seasoning
- Remove from pan, set aside
- Heat another tbsp of EVOO to medium high heat, add steak and brown for 2 minutes
- Add the veggies back to the pan with some S&P and perhaps more lime juice for flavor for 3 minutes
- Make sure the meat is just loosing it's pink on the inside
- Serve immediately in lettuce leaves (double layer works best) and garnishes
I should have used a green bell pepper for color
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites