The Paleo Omelet Bible
Hello My Darlings!
You look gorgeous today, I just thought you should know!!
About a week ago, I wrote a post on Paleo Soups - The Ultimate Guide that you REALLY loved! I thought it would be fun to do a similar post about the Paleo omelets and scrambles. I give you THE PALEO OMELET BIBLE. *muah ah ah*
I think if I share my tips with you on how to create the dish rather than just sharing a recipe with you, you can use what you have in the fridge and be creative on your own!
A few tips to start:
- An omelet is traditionally "folded" eggs over ingredients.
- A scramble is when all the ingredients are scrambled inside the pan together (I prefer scrambles because they allow all of the flavors to get happy together).
- Two eggs per person works for my husband and I. If you have big appetites, you can totally use 3 eggs per person.
- Always start by sautéing the items that will take the longest to cook like onions, broccoli, carrots or sweet potatoes.
- No matter what, you can start with about a spoonful of ghee. Ghee is my favorite fat for omelets and scrambles. Duck fat, tallow and coconut oil are great too, careful with EVOO though, it tends to overpower the dainty flavor palette of the eggs :).
- Always use fresh sea salt and pepper but make sure you don't over salt, especially if you've got salty meat (BACON) in the pan.
- You can also make a frittata out of any of the ingredients below, just use 8 whisked eggs, place them in a small, greased baking dish and bake for 35 minutes at 425!
- Don't forget to serve with a garnish, avocado, salsa, hot sauce or fresh herbs are wonderful!
- Choose Your Protein
- Any kind of sausage
- Leftover chicken
- Ground beef
- Leftover steak
- Shredded pork, chicken or beef
- Leftover pork tenderloin
- Deli meats - ham, turkey, roast beef
- Pancetta or prociutto
- Choose Your Aromatics
- Green onion
- Red onion
- White onion
- Fresh herbs: tarragon, rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley, cilantro
- Spices: red pepper flakes, salt free cajun, salt free fajita, salt free jerk, onion/garlic powder, dried herbs, paprika, chili powder
- Choose Your Veggies
- Green/Red/White/Yellow/Shallot onions (caramelized are great too!)
- Artichoke hearts
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Bell pepper
- Sweet potato
- Yellow squash
Some Scramble Ideas:
- Mediterranean scramble- artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes and basil
- Denver scramble- ham, tarragon, green onion
- Fajita scramble- leftover chicken, bell pepper, white onion, salt free fajita seasoning, cumin
- French steak scramble- leftover steak, green onion, herbs de provence, asparagus, mushrooms, garlic
- Italian sausage scramble- sausage, zucchini, shallots, kale, tomatoes
- Santa Barabara scramble- bacon, artichoke hearts, caramelized onions
- Hamburger scramble- leftover ground beef, yellow onion, tomato, bacon, mushroom, avocado on top
- The lox scramble- smoked salmon, capers, red onion
- Crossfit Open scramble- bacon, pancetta, sweet potato, spinach, green onion, fresh tomato
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites