Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers with Fried Eggs
Easy peasy baby! So good :)
- grass fed ground beef - 2 lbs
- chorizo links - 2 - skin removed
- large onion - 1
- fresh tarragon - 3 tbsp (my new favorite spice)
- eggs - 2
- large bell pepps - 4
- ghee (or clarified butter) - 1 tbsp
- Salt and pep
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Throw your onions, ghee and tarragon in a fry pan, saute for about 10 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the beef and chorizo and brown until the pink is JUST gone (think medium done-ness)
- Depending on the fat content of the meat and your taste buds- drain some fat. I don't because it's good healthy fat from grass fed beef. Fat is not the enemy people!
- Cut the tops off of your bell peppers and clean out the seeds. Stuff them full-o-meat.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a separate nonstick pan, melt the butter and fry the eggs. I like mine over medium and crunchy so I use a little bit higher heat and only flip to the top side for 10 seconds or so.
- Place on top of the stuffed peppers and enjoy!
This dish serves 2 people, saving 2 for leftovers the next day. I swear they're even better the second time around!
Happy Wednesday, Wacky Wallabies! (Sorry, I forgot to hit publish yesterday!)
So, I didn't burn anything last night. BRAVO Lauren. Jeremy was out running and errand up North for his new truck so I wanted something warm and cozy and in like, zero time.
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites