I've always heard about making your own almond milk but I've never tried. Mostly because I don't drink or use it very often but I've always thought it was terribly complicated to make! I got a wild hair the other day and found some raw, organic almonds on sale at the market. It was WAY easier than that I thought so I want to share the super easy steps and give you some ideas on how to use it! Homemade almond milk- it's so easy, a caveman could do it. HAHA I crack myself up sometimes. Anywho, happy milking (eew?!) and let me know if you have any questions! xo
- Raw, organic almonds are a must
- The milk only lasts for about 2 days in the fridge so just use one cup of almonds to start. Of course, I ignored this advice and made 2 cups, now I have way too much.
- One cup of almonds calls for 2 cups of FILTERED water. Every time, all the time
- Great over nuts with fruit (fake cereal), in smoothies, in casseroles, curries, in tea or coffee or just straight up!
- Medium Bowl
- Nut milk bag or cheese cloth (avail at most markets, I got mine at whole foods)
- Airtight container
Store in an airtight container or mason jar. Like I said, I made 2 cups of almonds with 4 cups of water and it filled up this whole milk bottle. One cup of almonds and 2 cups of water would have been better as to not waste this white gold. It's delicious and so much better than store bought!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites