Perfect Paleo Pork Fried Rice
Damn, I really nailed this one. Just make it, you'll love it and you'll have leftovers for days and it's perfect for lunches! This one has a few steps to it and you have to dirty a few pans, just make your hubs or the kids or your cat do dishes when you make it :).
Quick favor - will you let me know which way you like the photos displayed better? Just say either top grid or bottom slide show. Loads of #paleolove coming your way!
- sauté pan - 1 large
- sauté pan - 1 medium
- one small egg pan
- a couple of wooden spoons
- some ingredient bowls
- pork tenderloin - 2 cups, chopped
- carrots - 2, diced
- garlic - 3 cloves, minced
- bell pepper - 1, diced
- serrano chile - 1, minced
- green onions - 1/2 cup
- broccoli - 1 head, broken apart into small florets stems removed
- cauliflower - f2 heads, finely minced in a food processor (you don't need 2 heads for this recipe, just 1, but thank me later when you have an extra bag of cauliflower rice in the freezer :))
- eggs - 4
- coconut oil - 4 tbsp
- fish sauce - 1 tbsp
- coconut aminos - 1/8 cup
- lime - 1/2, juiced
- Salt and pep
- Add a teeny bit of coconut oil to the small egg pan and scramble the eggs some salt and pep, set aside in the oven to keep warm.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the coconut oil in the largest sauté pan and add the serrano chile, broccoli and carrots, sautee for 15 minutes on medium heat. Then add the bell peppers and sauté for another 10. The veggies cook differently so this process will leave you with perfect textures all around.
- Meanwhile, get your other smaller sauté pan out and start the cauliflower "rice" (just one head, remember the other is in a tupperware in the freezer for later!) with 2 tbsp coconut oil on medium heat. Dont stir! Just make an nice even layer and don't touch it for 5 minutes. Give it a stir and watch it start to brown, from here you can stir frequently for about 10 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Back to the large stir fry pan- add the pork, garlic, fish sauce, green onions, lime juice and coconut aminos.
- Add the scrambled eggs and the coconut "rice."
- Mix everything together well and serve in the middle of a nice big plate.
- Add another dash of coconut aminos if you like. I didn't have Sriracha but I sure wish I did!
Live to Thrive,
*By Simply PaleoAdd to Favourites