Happy Monday Friends!
As I'm devouring the meal for the post tonight I can attest, it is simply delicious! The vodka meat sauce is a great twist on my normal meat spaghetti sauce. I had some leftover vodka and them BAM! This happened Enjoy lovers!
Perfect Spaghetti Squash
- 1 organic spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Microwave the squash for 5 minutes turning halfway to soften the skin and cut longways down the middle.
- Scoop out the seeds and drizzle with EVOO.
- Bake for 45 minutes face down in a large baking dish- NO WATER!
Vodka Coconut Meat Sauce
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1lb hot italian sausage- raw and without casing
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 can San Marzano crushed tomatoes (organic and some of the best (only) canned tomatoes you can buy worth any money)
- 1/2 San Marzano can of water
- 2 tbsp walnut oil or EVOO
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Dash fresh tarragon
- Dash red pepper flakes
- S&P to taste
- Crush the garlic and add the walnut/EVOO oil to a warm pan.
- Add both meats and brown.
- Add the tomatoes and remaining ingredients to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Let this simmer on low until the spaghetti squash is done.
- Scoop the squash into a bowl or plate, serve sauce and fry up an egg from a happy, healthy chicken. SERVE!
- One word on the ground turkey- it said natural flavorings and I kinda freaked out (they were out of my normal brand) and then the ingredients say rosemary extract so....I think we're okay. Not sure why that's necessary though!
Live to Thrive,
Add to Favourites