Paleo Turkey Fritters
OH BABY, these thingies are good! I'm actually really proud of myself for recreating a recipe from one of my local Santa Barbara restaurants. A version of this recipe was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. My inspiration comes from Savoy Cafe'sTurkey Fritters. Mine are a lot different but you must give credit where credit is due! I've omitted the rice flour and added in a few special touches. Again, the husband is the ultimate test and he's jumping around on the couch right now. Okay maybe not literally but I can see it in his eyes! lol.
- This is the best Paleo mayo is HERE.
- I threw 3 chipotle small chiles in a ramekin with water in the oven (with the turkey fritters) for about 15 minutes and then tossed them and 1/2 cup Paleo Mayo in a small food processor. The result is a spicy twist on my leftover home made mayo!
These turkey fritters are so easy and they're just stunning!
- turkey breast - 1.5 lbs
- bacon - 4 slices, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- chives - 1 cup, chopped
- artichoke hearts - 2, diced
- diced green chilies - 2 oz, (1/2 a small can)
- jalapeños - 1/4 cup, diced
- eggs - 2
- Paleo powder - dash
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Shred the turkey breast with a fork (a salad serving fork works great).
- Pan fry the bacon for about 15 minutes until golden brown, no oil needed.
- Remove the bacon to a paper towel with a slotted spoon preserving the grease for another time.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and add the 2 eggs, diced artichoke hearts, diced jalapeños and the green chiles and mix well.
- Form "patties" just like you would a hamburger, make sure the edges are the same height as the center so they cook evenly.
- Add Paleo Powder and a little salt and pep.
- Coat a baking dish with coconut oil, use your hands and rub the remaining into your tired, dry hands- this is a wonderful step. Cooking FEELS good too people!
- Lightly rinse hands and dry with a paper towel- the excess oil will help you shape the patties without any sticking to your hands!
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip them over and bake for another 10.
- Serve with Chipotle Mayo.
Live to Thrive,
*By Simply PaleoAdd to Favourites