Paleo Sweet Potato Hash Browns
Happy Hump Day!
I love crunchy potatoes.
I love them, yup yup yup. This is a pretty cool recipe for Paleo Sweet Potato Hash Browns. I got to play with my new Cuisinart and it has a shred attachment. *squee!* I felt like Jasmine singing "A Whole New World." For Mr. Bodenhamer - I can't wait to do part 2 of this recipe to include your awesomeness!
So for those of you that don't have a Cuisinart, I recommend using a potato slicer and then chopping the strips up even finer. Also, I know there is a bunch of controversy in Paleo land about sweet potatoes. I eat them in moderation, they're not a staple, about once a week I'd say. Sweet potatoes are more nutrient dense than white potatoes, although I've been known to take down a white potato or 2 as well. I think if a caveman came across some sort of potato, probably pretty rarely as it may be, he'd be pretty stoked. Hence, so am I :)
Crunchy, sweet, salty......perfect!
- sweet potatoes (or yams) - 2 large
- coconut oil - 4 tbsp
- green onion - 4 sprigs
- cayenne - 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Shred the sweet potatoes or yams
- Melt 3 Tbsp coconut oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat
- Lay the sweet potatoes out in the pan and make sure they're level- you can pat them down even
- Let them cook for about 15 minutes, separating into 4 "pizza slices" as you go - this helps when you need to flip!
- When the bottom is nice and crispy, flip over each of the 4 slices
- Let them cook for the same amount of time, adding a tbsp of coconut oil after you flip
- Add your cayenne if you like it spicy and your salt and pepper
- Chop up the green onions and serve over the top
I like REALLY crunchy potatoes so if you don't like them with a little "crisp" on 'em just keep your eye on the pan and use your knobs.
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites