Paleo Strawberries and Cream
This dessert is FAN-EFFING-TASTIC if you can tolerate dairy. It's not just any dairy though, it's raw, grass fed cream from a farm close to where I live. It's absolutely amazing and like I said, if you can tolerate dairy give this a go. I am one of those people who can handle dairy once and while and obviously I take great care in the types of dairy I use in my kitchen. If you're strict Paleo, sorry this recipe isn't for you!
- fresh organic strawberries - 2 pints, sliced
- raw, organic honey - 1 tbsp
- raw, organic, grass fed cream - 1 pint
- About 1/2 hour before you serve the yumminess, mix the sliced strawberries and the honey, let sit at room temperature.
- This is called macerating, usually done with white sugar but we're using honey and are choosing a healthier option (especially if you have allergies!).
- Make sure the cream is close to room temperature.
- Use a hand mixer and whip the cream until it's thick like whip cream, you can now store this in the fridge until it's ready to serve.
- Serve in a small ramekin or bowl.
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites