Paleo Spaghetti Bolognese
Perfect weeknight meal with leftover options for lunch the next day!
- spaghetti - 1 squash
- white onion - 1 - diced
- garlic - 6 cloves - diced
- san marzano tomatoes - 1 can
- ground turkey - 2 lbs
- bay leaves - 2
- garlic powder - 1 tbsp
- cumin - 1 tbsp
- thyme - 1 tbsp
- coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 375 for the spaghetti squash.
- Microwave it for 5 minutes and cut it in half length-wise. Scoop out seeds.
- Place face down in a baking dish with 1 inch water.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- In a large pan, combine the coconut oil, spices, garlic and onions.
- Add the ground turkey to brown and it will look like brains for about 10 minutes but handle yo shit.
- Add the remaining ingredients and tomatoes (Jeremy likes his tomato sauce blended because he doesn't like chunky tomatoes so I blend it first *sigh*).
- After your meat, veggies and spices have simmered for about 30 minutes on low, scoop up your squash and serve the meat sauce over the top.
Make sure to remove the bay leaves! I added some raw, grass fed parmesan slivers. Totes optional!
Happy Thursday Totties!
I took a classic and made a few delicious additions! This is my husbands favorite dish and he could eat it every day so naturally I have to come up with some twists. If you want to get creative, you could try 1lb. ground beef with 1lb. ground pork or ground chicken with ground turkey. Give it a try and enjoy!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites