Paleo Shrimp Creole
Greetings Saucy Pants!
Aw snap! I'm on a roll this week (check out yesterday's recipe)! I have so many recipes backed up and I've been super lazy getting getting them to you. I've got them all organized now so let's do this and stay tuned for more deliciousness this week!
I'm sure most of you know by now that Jeremy loves shrimp and he's from the Mississippi so putting together a Southern shrimp recipe is pretty crucial in this house. I served this over cauliflower rice that I had saved in the freezer. Next time you make cauliflower rice, cook up 2 heads and save 1/2 in the freezer!
PS- I LITERALLY CANNOT WALK right now. New trainer= death. Jeremy's like "babe you need to go walk and get some blood flowing through your muscles." Yeah, that would be perfect if I could stand up, let alone climb up in my jeep! Ugh, I will survive! It's not even the good kind of sore, it's the kind of sore where you're like oh crap, my body is pissed off right now. Okay I'm done whining. Let's get some Paleo Shrimp Creole cookin'!
A spicy, Southern shrimp recipe that's a perfect one pan dish!
- wild caught shell on shrimp
- ghee or grass fed butter - 3 tbsp
- garlic - 5 cloves, minced
- celery - 3 sticks, diced
- white onion - 1, diced
- green bell pepper - 1, sliced
- Paleo Powder (or cajun seasoning) - 1 tbsp
- hot sauce (I used tabasco) - 1 tbsp
- crushed tomatoes - 1 cup
- fish stock (chicken is okay too) - 2 cups
- cilantro (garnish) - 1/4 cup chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the shrimp in a colander to defrost and peel them, tail and all
- Start by sautéing the garlic, onion, celery and red pepper in the ghee or butter for 10 minutes
- Add the Paleo Powder and hot sauce and sauté for another 5 minutes
- Add the crushed tomatoes and fish stock and cook down for 5 minutes
- Add the shrimp and sauté for 3 minutes or until pink
- Season with S&P
- Serve over cauliflower rice and finish with chopped cilantro and more hot sauce if you want it!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites