Paleo Meal Planning
I’d like to share how I plan my meals for the week and budget.
Okay so first and foremost you’ll need to get out a fresh piece of paper (ugh, MOM- I sound EXACTLY like you right now!!) and sit the eff down. Yes, meal planning takes time but it’s time well spent!
Here’s my first post on this topic
And another good one
Next you need to write out the days of the week (I usually do just 5 days because one way or another Jer and I end up at a friends house or out to eat). The key with integrating the dinners and lunches is to pick dinners that will give you leftovers or will serve for both meals. Also, I usually choose to serve one large serving of one type of vegetable or one hot, one cold veggie side.
And last, I buy farmers market veggies and eggs whenever possible and actually am expecting my 1st CSA delivery next week (I’ll be in Israel but Jer can play). Once I start getting these on the regular I plan to create my meal plans based on what’s in the box. ALWAYS check Whole Foods weekly coupons. I typically pick meats and veggies that are on sale. There are also items that I’ll buy at one of our cheaper grocery stores like onions, garlic etc.
- Monday- Lamb and Bison Stuffed Peppers (Make 4) with blanched asparagus
- Tuesday- Jer’s Favorite Sketti with giant green salad
- Wednesday- Slow Cooker Chicken with roasted brussels
- Thursday- Paleo Carnitas Taco’s with Mexican cole slaw
- Friday- Bacon, Avo, Shroom Burgers with sweet potato fries
Next I tackle what we’ll have for lunches and breakfast. For me, the kind of foods we eat for these 2 meals are interchangeable.
- Salad with sliced steak
- Tuna salad sandwiches with apple slices as “bread”
- Slow cooker chicken lettuce wraps with salsa
- Hard boiled egg, tomato and bacon bowl
- Cole slaw w/ hard boiled egg and shredded chicken
- Leftover sketti with a cucumber salad
- Leftover burger
- Salami with cucumber and deli mustard
- 1/2 lb lamb
- 1 lb bison
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb venison
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 lb pork butt
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 lb skirt steak
- 2 lbs bacon
- 1 log salami
- 4 bell peppers
- 3 onions
- Sketti squash
- Salad lettuce
- Sweet taters
- Wrap lettuce
- Fresh herbs
- Mineral water
- Grapefruit juice
Live to Thrive,