Paleo Ground Turkey Veggie Bowl
Hey Fluffy Bunnies!
How's everyone feeling so far this week? I'm feeling pretty damn good. I got my ass handed to me this morning at a local Pilates studio called Fit Buddha. I've never done it on those crazy machines of torture. So not only did I have a really awesome, challenging workout, I almost died once or twice. I think I need to work on my core strength. Everyone wave to the new kid, tangled up in the straps and strings and coils!
In other fun news now that I'm done licking my ego wounds, I'm officially a part-time Lululemon Educator! As I continue to build Simply Paleo into a global empire and continue school with IIN, I thought it would be fun to find something where I could be a little more social and make some extra cash (being an entrepreneur is hard sometimes!!). The company's mission and values are totally in line with mine, I love the clothes and I get to chat and educate my FACE OFF three days per week. Pretty cool shit. I may or may not have brought home something new after every shift....counter productive money wise? Probably.
Anyway now that you know I'm terrible at Pilates and have a new part time gig, let's get to some food already! This Paleo Ground Turkey Bowl is the perfect week night meal. Throw everything in one stock pot and you're off to the races with a delicious, healthy meal.
I just want to urge you to REALLY focus on the quality of your turkey meat. Best scenario - you know the local turkey farmer. Next best- it's been organically fed and pastured it's whole life (whole foods has some great turkey). If you can't find either of those, find someone in the meat department where you're buying your turkey and ask some questions! Happy turkeys make healthy meat. Sad turkeys make unhealthy meat. Plus, nobody wants to see a sad turkey :(.
Veggies, turkey, flavor, yum
- ground turkey - 1 lb, (organic, pastured)
- white onion - 1, diced
- broccoli - 1 head, cut into bite sized florets
- garlic - 5 cloves, minced
- fresh thyme - 1 tbsp, minced
- chicken stock (home made if you have it!) - 1/2 cup
- balsamic vinegar - 1 tbsp
- lemon - 1/2, juiced
- EVOO - 2 tbsp
- salt and pep
- Fire up a large stock pot of water to par boil the broccoli
- Toss in the broccoli florets and boil for 6-7 minutes, drain and set aside in a bowl
- In the same stock pot, add the onions and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes over medium heat
- Add the ground turkey and brown
- Toss in everything else (balsamic, stock, lemon, evoo, S&P)
- Saute together stirring occasionally for 10 minutes
- Serve in big fat bowls, add some raw, grass fed parm if you're into that
Serves 4 or 2 with yummy leftovers!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites