Paleo Grilled Artichokes
Artichokes are hands down my favorite vegetable! I started eating them when I had two front teeth and I've had wild cravings for them ever since. There's two options in this post. You can just steam them and stop there or, you can go the extra mile and throw them on the grill with herb butter. It's like heaven in your mouth, I promise it's worth the extra work. Here's how to do them Paleo Grilled Artichokes!
- Prep the raw artichokes by cutting of the top with a serrated knife. I usually cut about an inch off
- Get out some scissors and snip the poky end off each leaf
- Also cut the bottom stem of the artichoke off so they will sit flat in the pot
- Place a steamer screen in the bottom of a large pot and bring 4 inches of water to a boil so that the water just comes up over the screen
- Steam for 40-50 minutes on medium heat, make sure to check your water 1/2 way through because it can dry out sometimes depending on how hot your burner is!
- Remove from the pot, let cool for 5 minutes and cut in half vertically
Here's the recipe for my awesome 4 step Paleo Mayo.
- 1/4 cup Paleo mayo
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp no sugar added ketchup
- Salt and Pep
- 4 tbsp ghee or grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, dill)- minced
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat
- Drizzle with EVOO and season with S&P
- Grill for 7 minutes on each side until the leaves are crispy and you see grill marks on the face down side.
- Immediately brush with Herb butter (directions below)
- Add the ketchup, vinegar and salt and pep to the Paleo mayo
- Chill while the chokes are grilling
- Place the butter and herbs in a small pan on medium heat
- Melt together for 5 minutes to let the herbs become fragrant
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites