Paleo Gai Pad Krapow
Yummy, savory, tart, umami dish that's perfect served over cauliflower rice!
- For the Fish Sauce
- limes - 10
- fish sauce (or to taste) - 4 tbsp
- serrano pepper - 1/2
- cloves garlic - 3
- raw organic honey - 1 tbsp
- For the Stir Fry
- organic, free range chicken thighs - 6
- cloves garlic - 10
- snow peas - 2 cups
- bell peppers (red or orange are pretties) - 2
- serrano pepper - 1
- jalapeno pepper - 1/2
- FRESH basil - 1 cup
- eggs - 2
- coconut oil - 2 heaping spoonfuls
- Juice the limes and chop the pepper and garlic.
- Set aside a small amount of the lime juice in case you add too much fish sauce and it gets too salty.
- Slowly add fish sauce tasting as you go, it should be tart but not pucker tart and savory but not overly salty.
- Add the remaining and refine, let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
This will easily serve two with leftovers!
Happy Tuesday Friendly Followers!
Last week, I got to make one of my favorite dishes! Paleo Gai Pad Krapow or "Chili Garlic Chicken" as my Dad an I call it. I also found a new trick with Cauliflower rice :0. This dish was inspired by a little restaurant in West Hollywood that my Dad went to for years and then decided to try and duplicate in his own kitchen. It's morphed a bit over his renditions and now mine (sometimes I really eff this up but I think I've got it down now :)). It's served over cauliflower rice, the trick is just chop it up really fine after you steam it instead of the food processor. The consistency is perfect! Also, the sauce is really what makes this dish amazing. Umami flavor for the win!
Live to Thrive,