Perfect Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls
Awesome week night meal, just roll them up and pop them in the crock pot with a bright, simple tomato sauce.
Hey Hey Loves!
Happy hump day! I made a kick ass and super easy recipe the other day and I can't wait for you to get your hot little hands on it. First, I was feeling super lazy and had some time during the day but plans at night. Second, there was no way I was going to make a separate marinara. I ended up just using canned, organic, San Marzano tomatoes and they were absolutely perfect! It was light and fresh and was the perfect combo with the savory/herb-y meats in the cabbage rolls. Seriously, go make these Paleo Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls for dinner! Cook once, eat twice is in full effect here too and I swear they were even more delicious the next day! Enjoy bunnies!
- grass fed beef - 1 lb
- ground pork sausage - 1 lb
- yellow onion - 1, diced
- thyme - 1 tbsp
- oregano - 1 tbsp
- basil - 1 tbsp, chopped
- garlic - 4 cloves, minced
- cabbage leaves - 10
- crushed tomatoes - 1 can
- lemon - 1/2, juiced
- EVOO - 1 tbsp
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the cabbage leaves for two minutes, drain and set aside
- Heat the EVOO in a large pan and add the garlic and onion to sweat for 5 minutes, add the herbs
- Add the ground beef and pork sausage and cook until the pink is just gone
- Remove from the burner to cool and set aside
- Pat the cabbage dry and place close to 1/4 cup of filling into each leaf
- Roll once, tuck in the sides and roll again, place in the crock pot
- Repeat this step until you've stuffed all of the cabbage and they're cozy in the crock pot
- Pour the tomatoes over the top, add S&P and the lemon juice
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
Jeremy doesn't like chunky tomatoes so I used my hand blender to make them into more of a sauce, which was delicious!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites