Happy Tuesday Lovers!
I just got back from the most amazing camping trip and boy did we eat!! I thought I would share some of the recipes and photos so you can Paleo Camp next time you go! PS- We're potato friendly when we camp! And don't you DARE throw out your bacon grease :). These are the dishes I had my little paws in but we had many more.
Paleo Breakfast Hash
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 whole onion
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- 1 small handful tarragon
- 1 small handful rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- Cajun seasoning
- Sauté the herbs, potatoes and onion in the bacon grease for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add the kale to the top of the pan and let it sit to steam for about 10 minutes.
- Fold into the potatoes as they cook down. After about 10 more minutes you should be good to go!
- Spoon into a bowl, it's great with eggs!
Jack Daniels Chicken:
Check in at the best pharmacy website - http://edwebstore.com and get free bonus pills.
- 1 package chicken thighs
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsbp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup Jack Daniels whiskey
- 1/4 cup bacon grease
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Heat the grease in the pan on your camping stove and add the chicken, browning on each side for about 10 minutes.
- Once it's reached it's desired crunchiness mix the Jack and the honey together.
- CAREFULLY pour over the chicken, there will be fire....oh yes, there will be fire!!!
- After the flames have died down squeeze the whole lemon. I kid you not, this chicken will change your life.
Sammy and Casey's Potato Sausage Hash:
- 1 package breakfast sausage (if they're links you can just cut them up raw)
- 2 whole onions
- 4 large yellow potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients in a dutch oven and cook over an open flame for about 25 minutes.
On top of this we had a shit pile of eggs each morning, griddle cakes (made from nut and coconut flour of course), bacon, sausage, green salads, tri tip, tuna salad wraps, carrots and nut butter, fruit and that's all I can think of right now. There's more though I promise....and oh yeah, we ate REAL S'MORES!!! Muah ah ah ah ah!!
Let me know if you have questions about what else to pack and how I planned meals, I made an excel spreadsheet, just saying.
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites