Paleo Budget Grilled Chicken and Cole Slaw
Wow, it's been a minute! I'm so wrapped up in getting Primal Vixen Program together I haven't posted a recipe in over a week! LAME. Head on over and check it out! Pretty cool stuff happening, it will be launching December 30th and takes a "WHOLE-istic" look at health and wellness. In the 28 day program we'll work on fitness and nutrition but also things like stress, career, hormones, relationships and home environment. Fitness and nutrition are extremely important but just parts of the Paleo pie that make up overall health. 2015 is the year of the vixen :).
Mmm kay, so today I'm brining you a recipe that is wallet and belly friendly. Whole chickens are the cheapest way to go and I 100% recommend them and cutting them up raw if you'd like to create some different recipes. Here is my post on How to Cut Up a Raw Chicken. I served this dish with Cole Slaw, also a totally budget friendly dish! After I grill the whole chicken here are the recipes that I make with it:
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat and clean it.
- After you've cut up the raw chicken, rinse and pat dry.
- Drizzle with EVOO and season liberally with S&P.
- Place all the pieces on the grill, presentation side down (skin side down).
- Wings take 5-6 minutes per side
- Thighs take 6-7 minutes per side
- Breasts take 7-8 minutes per side
- Drumsticks take 6-7 minutes per side
- If you have a thermometer, just probe and make sure everything is 160 before you take them off!
If you don't have a grill brush, just wad up a piece of tin foil and scrub away!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites