Paleo Brussels Sprouts for Haters
Happy Wednesday! I have BIG NEWS! I'm officially a Certified Health Coach! I completed my year of school through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and I can't wait to start working with women (sorry boys!). Check out Finding Beauty in Wellness.
I've got a big ol' batch of bone broth going in the crock pot right now because it SORT OF feels like winter in Santa Barbara haha! If you haven't made it before or aren't sure what it is, check out THIS POST.
Anyway, I had a friend ask me the other day where my Brussels Sprouts recipe was and I realized I don't have my fave Brussels and bacon recipe up on Simply Paleo! I keep finding these delicious missing recipes so I've made a list and you're gonna get them all (coming soon: fajitas, deviled eggs, chicken cacciatore).
Before we talk about Paleo Brussels sprouts for haters, can I tell you about the Primal Vixen Program for a sec?! PVP is my newest program that will be launching in January. I've combined all of my knowledge from Simply Paleo and the Institute for Integrative Nutrition to create this amazing program. Here's some info:
- Who: Women who want to make 2015 their best year yet. Women who want to be empowered with the tools to realize their full potential by becoming healthy from the inside out.
- What: A comprehensive, 12-week program that will cover eating healthier and saving money, at home exercise programs, reducing stress, self care and how to create more hours in the day. This is more than a fitness and nutrition program.
- When: Become an Original Vixen and get an awesome discount between January 1st and January 8th. The program begins on January 12th.
- Where: It's an online based program where you'll be exposed to a new module each week. These include group webinars, podcasts, cooking videos, access to a private Facebook group with the other Vixens, supporting reading material, quick homework assignments, personal access to me and even a printable journal to document your progress and track your success.
- Why: I created this program because over the years, it became very clear to me that we share a lot of the same struggles when it comes to getting healthier and happier. I'm tired of us feeling like we're not good enough, healthy enough or pretty enough. I want us to love what we see in mirror so we can go out into the world and find happiness and success.
- How: Check out my video here to find out how to become an Original Vixen and get the Vixen's Guide to Goal Setting for free!
Cool, if you have any questions, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. HOKAY, on to the Brussels!!
These crispy roasted Brussels sprouts can turn any sprout hater into a lover!
- Brussels sprouts - 2 lbs - shredded or quartered
- sliced bacon - 4-5 (organic, nitrate/nitrite free, local if possible!)
- lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the bacon in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes in a large baking pan
- Reserving most of the grease, toss the Brussels in the same baking pan
- Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and pep
- Pop it in the oven for 40 minutes at 375.
Just cook a whole pound or package of bacon and use 4-5 slices for the Brussels. You'll thank me later when you have leftover bacon :).
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites