One Pot Splendid Summer Stew
Happy Thursday Loves!
Happy birthday to my darling hubby tomorrow!! He'll be a incredibly youthful 35. I love you my sexy, bearded, tattooed man!
I love me a good, one pot stew with ass loads of veggies. This Splendid Summer Stew is amazing for leftovers and this recipe has tons of lovely herbs for an awesome aromatic flavor. My hubs doesn't even really like soup and he LOVED this dish. I basically had a bunch of veggies I needed to use up, some chicken thighs in the freezer and some fresh herbs from the garden so naturally, throw it all in one pot! Get creative and add other veggies like broccoli, squash, green beans, cauliflower, bok choy....go nuts :).
Perfect stew for summer time with lots of veggies and a crisp, herby flavor.
- boneless skinless chicken thighs - 6, cubed
- white onion - 1, diced
- garlic - 5 cloves, chopped
- stalks celery - 3 stalks, chopped
- carrots - 3, chopped
- red bell pepper - 1, diced
- green bell pepper - 1, diced
- yellow bell pepper - 1, diced
- zucchini - 1, chopped
- kale - 1 heaping handful, chopped
- chicken stock - 32 oz
- ghee - 2 tbsp
- fresh tarragon - 1 tbsp
- fresh oregano - 1 tbsp
- bay leaf - 1
- salt and pepper
- Drizzle of EVOO
- Pull out a large stock pot
- Put the onions and garlic in to sweat for 5 minutes
- Add the chicken and allow to cook for another 5 minutes, you can turn the heat up to brown it a bit
- Add in everything else except the kale
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour until veggies are soft
- Add the kale and stir
- Serve and drizzle with EVOO and finish with salt and pepper to taste
One pot, no mess, super easy!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites