Happy Hump Day!
So I've been traveling like a mad woman. I'm so happy to be home and back in the gym and my kitchen. I do have some amazing food to report. Last weekend I was in Cape Cod. First word that comes to mind? LOBSTER. Here are some photo highlights from the trip, recipe below!
Okay now that we have that out of the way, I have an amazingly easy dinner recipe for you today. Simple seasoned ground beef topped with caramelized onions, a kale and apple salad and fresh tomatoes on the side.
- 4 large onions
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Large sautee pan
- Gently heat your pan before you add the coconut oil and then plop it in
- Add the onions on LOW heat.
- This process will take about 30 minutes.
- Continue to stir on medium low heat.
- I like to prepare caramelized onions in advance and have them throughout the week but my husband loves them so much, that never happens.
- They're done when they look like the color of caramel.
- 2 lbs of grass fed ground beef (it's nice to have extra on hand for lunches)
- 2 tbsp fat (I used Fatworks grass fed beef tallow, coconut oil is lovely too)
- Salt and pep or your other favorite seasoning (PALEO POWDER!) I swear Fatwork and Paleo Powder aren't paying me, I just genuinely love them!!
- Simply add the fat, add the beef, add the seasoning and brown on medium heat until fully cooked.
- Top with caramelized onions
- One bunch kale, thoroughly washed, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- Salt and pep
- 1/4 cup Bragg Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette
- Massage the kale after it's chopped with a bit of EVOO and salt (this tenderized sometimes thick kale)
- Toss all the ingredients together with the dressing and serve!
Balsamic Heirloom Tomatoes
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- Drizzle good quality EVOO
- Drizzle good quality Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pep
- Slice the tomatoes
- Drizzle with EVOO and balsamic and sprinkle with salt and pep
I hope you all enjoy this lovely, simple summer meal and I'd like to thank Miss Tracey Smith and her Pops for a wonderful weekend and amazing hospitality!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites