Easy peasy goggie food
Happy Wednesday Friends!
I thought I'd write a little bit on what I feed my pup. I'm sure everyone can understand that dogs were definitely NOT designed to eat grains, just like humans. Make sure you check the ingredients in your dog food, even some of the really high quality stuff can contain an alarming amount of fillers, preservatives and grains.
Little Lucy gets cooked for once a week. I know some of you are thinking I've really gone off my rocker but it can make a HUGE difference in your dog! Not to mention overall health, boxers are typically more "prone" to cancer I hear and when I learned that cooking for them can alleviate that I obviously jumped on board. She is the HAPPIEST, bounciest, shiniest, healthiest dog I know! It's important to note too that I supplement her brekkie and dinner (recipe below) with grain free dry food so she can graze throughout the day.
I'll have human food for you tomorrow lol.
- chicken thighs (I like thighs because they’re usually a little fattier and have fewer bones) - 2 large packages
- chicken livers - 1 package
- hearts/whatever else you can find - 1 package
- frozen veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, whatever- NO ONIONS) - 2 packages
- Fill a large stock pot about 3/4 of the way full with water and bring to a boil.
- Add all the ingredients at the same time and literally cook the shit out of it.
- I usually let mine simmer for about an hour. At that point it should be fairly soupy.
- Drain some water if needed and start to stir.
- The chicken will fall off the bone.
- As I put the mix in tupperware I remove the bones.
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites