Incredible Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
Happy Wednesday Pumpkins!
Honestly, I've made it this far without indulging my insane adoration for all things pumpkin, why not just make it through the holiday season right? WRONG! I can't flipping take it anymore! Give me pumpkin or give me a hangnail!
This recipe is based off of this little sweeties recipe - Running to the Kitchen. And when she says there's some nasty Paleo pancakes out there she isn't lying. ICK! My sweet Mother in Law and I made some slight modifications and they turned out ab-so-lute-ly ah-maz-zing!
Before you serve - this is very important! ALWAYS heat up your maple syrup in the the microwave or on the stove. It will make your grass fed butter all melty :)
Annnd a picture of my sweet hubs holding a dog, naturally....That's boogie!
- almond flour - 1 cup
- coconut flour - 1/4 cup
- ground flax seed - 2 tbsp
- cinnamon - ½ tbsp
- pumpkin puree - cup
- egg whites - 1½ cups
- honey - 4 tbsp
- vanilla extract - 2 capfuls
- coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a pancake griddle or in a large pan over medium heat
- Combine dry ingredients
- Combine wet ingredients
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add coconut oil (about 2 tbsp per batch)
- Pour batter in approximately ¼ cupfuls onto pan and spread out into pancake shape (the batter will be a bit thick and need some help to form a circle)
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side and flip with all of your talent!
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites