- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Korean Flank Steak Marinade
Happy Friday Friskies!
There's a few reasons why I love this recipe. First, it's easy as hell, second it's delicious as hell, third it's cheap as hell. Just a few ingredients for the marinade, a hot grill and a cheap flank steak! I served mine with curry kale chips, a sliced avocado with salsa, grilled apple (holy YUM) and grilled onions.
Korean Flank Steak....LET'S GO!
Cheap, easy, perfect!
- grass fed flank steak - about 2 lbs.
- garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- jalapeño - 1, chopped
- shallot - 1 large, chopped
- coconut aminos - 1/4 cup
- walnut oil (EVOO is okay too) - 3 tbsp
- crushed red pepper - 1 tbsp
- toasted sesame seeds - 3 tbsp
- Dash Paleo Powder
- Salt and pep
- Chop up your jalapeno, garlic and shallot.
- Toss the steak in a gallon zip lock or Tupperware.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bag.
- Zip up the bag and mix well, make sure everything gets happy in there
- Start some coals on the grill, when they're going make sure to cover with the grate so it gets REALLY hot.
- Take the steak out of the marinade and KEEP THE MARINADE!
- Put the contents of the bag in a small pan on medium heat and place the steak on the grill.
- Steak should be on for no longer that 7 minutes per side. And don't touch it in between :)
- Remove the steak and cover with foil for about 10 minutes.
- Slice it across the grain and very thin, the idea is to serve this fairly rare so it stays tender.
- Once the marinade has been brought to a boil, spoon it over the steak and enjoy!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites