Grilled Pork Chops and Paleo Applesauce
Happy Feast Friday!!
Hey girl, you're bad ass today! Just thought I would tell you that. Also because I dead lifted 230 this week and I just feel like there's probably a lot of other #baddies out there that need to hear that once and a while. We're strong, we're healthy and we're a whole helluva lot of fun! Speaking of that, I have some random thoughts I'd like to clear out of my head. Ready?
1. The lettuce in my garden got all long and janky and flowered, so it's toast and I'm pretty upset about it.
2. I desperately need a manicure.
3. I've secretly been eating quinoa like 2x per week, and I'm not very sorry about it.
4. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is pretty much the best thing that ever happened to the TV.
5. I'm feeling super overwhelmed in launching the Primal Vixen Program. I'm a habitual over-committer but this time I over-commited myself....to myself....I desperately need an intern. Anyone?!
6. I've been working at Lululemon part time for the past 3 months, and I haven't brought home a dime, in the best way possible.
7. It FINALLY feels like Fall in Santa Barbara and all I want to do is eat soup and wear leg warmers. But Jeremy just told me he actually hates soup. So naturally we'll go see a marriage soup counsellor together.
8. I still refuse to put the top on my Jeep. Even though I'm always cold in it. #nevergiveup
9. I officially gave up on the no-poo method. My hair just didn't feel good after 3 weeks. I think it's mostly because I used to bleach the shit out of my hair and it's still growing out. My opinion is that no-poo works on hair that has been no-dyed. I used my Pureology mask and I swear my hair DRANK that shit up. Feels so good now!
10. This Grilled Pork Chops recipe is in my top 5, I'll do a post on the rest of those recipes next week :). Anyway, the pork is perfectly tender, the apple sauce is warm and it's perfectly paired with my Big Ass Summer Salad.
Quick and easy, perfect for a weeknight meal!
- bone in pork chops - 2 inches thick - 2
- EVOO - 1 tbsp
- Paleo Powder or Everyday Seasoning (Salt and Pep is fine too) - 1 tbsp
- Heat up and clean the grill
- 6 minutes on the first side, 5 minutes on the second and 4 minutes off the heat under foil.
- Top with applesauce and enjoy!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites