Happy Tuesday Folks!
So last night I whipped up some easy Paleo burgers!! We kept it simple and did the burgers in a pan instead of the grill. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I left my camera at the office.
Obviously, everyone knows how to make a lettuce wrapped burger. I love these because they’re so flexible! You can choose from a bunch of different items to dress up your burger! You could caramelize the onions (which I was too lazy to do), saute up some jalapenos, experiment with different types of greens like arugula and hell, even saute up some pears in butter!
Easy Paleo Burgers
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 large tomato- sliced
- 1/2 red onion- sliced
- 1 avocado- sliced
- 1/2 lb bacon- cooked
- 10 pieces iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1 tbsp Fatworks tallow or EVOO
- Organic mustard and natural, sugar free ketchup
- 1 package shrooms (1 tbsp butter for these too)
- Salt and Pep
- Make patties out of your ground beef, season with some salt and pep. Just make sure the patties are the same width all the way through. I think we tend to make the middle thicker than the sides, this really messes with the cooking temp when you’re using a pan instead of the grill.
- Heat up the tallow or EVOO in a large saute pan.
- Sear the burgs on medium heat for about 6 minutes per side (they’re not done in the pic).
- I chose to have some sauteed shrooms on the side. Just saute them in some butter for 5 minutes.
- Assemble your burger towers and enjoy!!
Live to Thrive,