Easy Paleo Asparagus and Bacon
Hot Damn and Happy Hump Day!
Got a sweet lil recipe for you today, Easy Paleo Asparagus and Bacon. EXTREMELY EASY - proceed with caution haha. Make sure your asparagus is fresh and your bacon is from good healthy pigs with no added sugar, nitrites or nitrates. Keep on keeping on whole 30 warriors! We can do this!
A quote from the Whole30 folks themselves:
While it may be liberating to thing that bacon is no longer off limits, we still want you to think before you eat it. Bacon is one of those technically OK foods that may still provide enough of a flavor and texture "hit" to lead to overconsumption. If you're trying to lose weight and recover from metabolic derangement, use bacon as a condiment, rather than your main protein source.
- It Starts with Food, Dallas and Melissa Hartwig
Super easy, one pan, yummy in your tummy side dish. Great for any occasion, pot luck and even better for leftovers!
- Slice your bacon in 1/4 inch horizontal pieces while raw
- Start by browning your bacon in a pan over medium heat
- Set aside on a paper towel after desired doneness (about 10 minutes)
- Depending on how much fat you have in the pan, make sure you keep at least 2 tbsp of the grease (this is our fat for sautéing the asparagus!
- Cut up your asparagus into 1 inch pieces, discarding the 1st couple inches at then end of the stalks
- Toss them in the same pan with the bacon grease and sauté for about 15 minutes. You want them still crisp but cooked, nobody like mushy asparagus!
- Toss the bacon back in, add the lemon and salt and pep and serve!
Cast iron skillet works best but any pan will do :) Again, make sure you're getting good quality bacon from healthy pics, think local!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites