Easy Paleo Tuna Salad
Good Morning Loves!
More and more, I find that people struggle with lunches and snack ideas so I'm ramping this up a bit for you. This tuna salad is SO easy a caveman (or cave betty) could do it.
Random thought - I hate the word Tupperware. I hate that I have to capitalize it, it's annoying to say and I just think it's stupid. Can we re-name said word to something else? From now on- TGC (ToGo Container) = Tupperware.
Perfect to prep ahead and have all week!
- For the Tuna
- wild caught tuna in water - 2 cans
- Paleo mayo (recipe below) - 1/4 cup
- green onion - 2 sprigs, chopped
- mustard - 2 tbsp
- pickle - 1 medium, diced
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- For the Salad
- 1 heaping handful mixed greens, spinach, mesclum, kale - (whatever tickles your fancy! I usually buy 1 head of romaine, a pack of kale, a bunch of spinach and a small box of mixed greens and mix them all together at the beginning of the week. When I make lunches, I just grab a handful and throw it in a TGC.
- boiled beet - 1 large, (I make these ahead of time on the weekend and keep them sliced in the fridge ready to go)
- apple diced - 1/2
- carrot - 1 large, sliced
- dressing of choice (when I don't want to make a vinaigrette, I LOVE Petrini's or Bragg's !!) - 2 tbsp
- OPTIONAL: shredded grass fed gruyere cheese
- Salt and Pep
- Make the Paleo mayo (see below)
- Put all the tuna ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve on top of your salad greens and drizzle lightly with dressing
Paleo Mayo Recipe - click here.
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites