Easy Grilled New York Strip and Three Sides
Good Morning Bunnies!
Shit, well, it's been a little bit since my last recipe hasn't it!? I confess, since the Primal Vixen Program launched, I've been deep in health coaching land with my very first group of Vixens. The turnout was absolutely overwhelming and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't CRAZY BUSY!
So, what I'm trying to do is figure out the best day to post recipes. Would you leave me a comment below and let me know if it's better for you to get a recipe during the week or either Saturday/Sunday so you can grocery shop and prep cook? I'd love to hear from you!
Here's 6 things I've been up to lately:
1. Consistently lifting heavy shit at Bayside Barbell. I'm into my 3rd 10 week program and I'm feeling super strong!
2. I'm really feeling the effects of over committing. It's a bad habit and I'm really trying to focus on respectfully saying NO!
3. I've been keeping a "Rememberlutions Jar." Everyday I write down something that was awesome/memorable or something I'm grateful for. I haven't missed a beat!
4. I'm really loving working part time at Lululemon Santa Barbara. It keeps me social and helps me move my body (and I'm supporting my habit :)). Please come say hello!!
5. Hubs and I are booked for Costa Rica for 2 weeks and 1 week in the Florida Keys. There's no telling where the second half of the year will take us. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to travel with the man of my dreams (3 years yo!).
6. I'm having a really hard time keeping up with some of my habits and am having an ever harder time with time management. Lately, my iCal is my life and I've been using the Pomodoro and Big Rocks techniques to keep my shit in check.
This recipe is so simple, even a caveman can do it (sorry I had to).
- Take the steaks out of the fridge and let them sit at room temp for about 15 minutes
- Drizzle with EVOO and add some salt and pep (simplicity is king with beef!)
- Heat the grill to high heat
- 5 minutes on one side, flip and 5 minutes on the other (this yields perfect medium rare-medium)
- Let rest for 3 minutes under foil, slice and serve!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites