Happy Monday Lovers!
I hope your weekend was loverly! As a new week is upon us you may ask yourself...."what do I make for dinner!?" Welp, I have the answer. It's easy and you'll have leftovers for lunch.
The plate looks like this:
We've got fresh, fried eggs from my amazing pool guy, a salad made solely from my CSA (community supported agriculture) box with my most incredible dressing ever, steamed broccoli from the same and 1 lb ground beef from Jimenez Family Farm.
Boil an inch of salted water and add 1/2 lemon. Steam the broccoli for about 10 minutes and set aside. I didn't use salt or pepper or butter anything on this. It was so perfectly sweet and fresh, I encourage you to just let some vegetables to BE. Some flavors just can't be improved.
I threw everything I had in this salad. Including fennel, basil and parsley. Put it in a big bowl and chop up everything you've got. I put mine in a big Tupperware, sin dressing and as you'd like salads throughout the next couple of days just grab a handful!
Blueberry Lime Vinaigrette
- 4 limes- juiced
- Small handful blueberries, muddled
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 to 1 ratio olive oil to balsamic vinegar (I use 3 tbsp olive oil and just a dash of vinegar)
- Whisk all the ingredients together for about 5 minutes to make sure it's fully blended.
- Drizzle over the salad and save the rest.
- I also used this as a dressing for golden beet salad and a marinade for chicken breasts! It's INCREDIBLE, I promise.
Cut up 1/2 an onion or a small leek and saute the beef until browned.
Now, my perfect fried egg is crunchy, like browned a little bit. So I use a higher heat with butter or ghee. Crack the egg on a FLAT surface and add to a warm pan with melted butter. Let it sit on that one side for about 4 minutes on medium high heat. Flip for only a minute and serve.
Annnnnnnnnnnndddddddd a really cute picture of my puppy
Live to Thrive,
Add to Favourites