Authentic Paleo Carne Asada
I'm so in love with Carne Asada. I could never get it to taste like it does at restaurants so I worked on my recipe. Now, mine is BETTER. I sometimes double this recipe for leftovers. It's so good on salads or in lettuce wraps or over cauliflower rice or with guacamole or in an omelet, you get the point, it's just good. Another tip, when I fire up the grill I usually throw on some chicken breasts or thighs and some skewers of veggies. Both amazing for leftovers and lunches. You'll love this recipe!!
Amazing carne asada recipe, marinate overnight if you can!
- grass fed flank steak or skirt steak - 2lbs
- walnut or EVO oil - 3/4 cup
- jalapeño - 1, diced
- Big Handful cilantro - chopped (stems are okay)
- white onion - 1/2, chopped
- limes - 4, juiced
- coconut or apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup
- cumin - 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper
- Pour all ingredients into a large glass dish and mix with the cumin and S&P.
- Add steak and let marinate for at least 3 hours in the fridge. Overnight is amazing.
- Fire up the grill to high heat, sear the steaks for about 5 minutes per side depending on you grill heat.
- Slice the meat thin, across the grain.
- Serve and enjoy!
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites