6 Ingredient Guacamole
I hope everyone had a great weekend! I sure did! Complete with Brazilian food, dancing, birthdays and some family pool/cooking time. Let me just say that I come from a cooking family honestly. My Dad made made the most incredible smoked pork ribs yesterday (like EPIC) while my Mom was in the kitchen making fresh salsa from her heirloom tomatoes. They're geniuses, just needed to get that out there! Here's a pic of us, yes I'm an only child :)
Here's a pic of my other 2 loves in the pool :) Ain't my hubby some piece of sexy!? Our 2 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow!
Plus I went to bed at 8pm last night so I feel like a rockstar. So the guac.... there is some so special about guacamole. I consider it a super food and I like it spicy! Here's how to keep it simple and delicious.
- ripe avocados - 2, take the pits out silly head
- jalapeno pepper - 1, finely diced
- red onion - 1/4 cup, chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced and made into a paste with salt (use the side of your knife to smash it)
- Lime - 1, juiced
- cilantro - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Salt and pep (Okay I know this makes 7 & 8 but whatever :))
- Chop up all of your ingredients following the instructions above.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Use a potato masher to smooooosh everything together.
- Place in a festive bowl, or an ugly one- it won't matter because it's so delicious!
- Serve with marinated cucumbers for chips! (Simply slice cucumbers, add some lime, salt and chili powder. Refrigerate for a 1/2 hour before serving).
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites