30 Minute Meal-Paleo Pork Chops with Sauteed Pears and Onions
Happy Monday Marvelous Marauders!
(Sorry I love alliteration!) Today I’m sharing a simple and delicious recipe for pan seared (oven finished) Paleo pork chops with sauteed onions and pears and a kale, apple and cabbage salad with a light mustard vinaigrette. Lovely for a weeknight, this dish will take you about 30 minutes or less for the whole thing and the pork always turns out so juicy!
This dish also include Paleo Sautéed Pears and Onions & Paleo Kale and Apple Salad
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry the chops and don't salt and pepper them at this point. I've been doing some reading and I'm finding that salting meat before cooking can draw some of the moisture out. Not proven yet but not something I want to try with chops!
- Melt the ghee on medium heat in a stainless pan and place the pork chops in. DON'T TOUCH THEM! Let them sit for 5 or 6 minutes until they more or less release themselves from the pan (they can be nudged but you won't get that crunchy outer if you move them too early).
- Repeat on the other side and pop them in the oven in the same pan for about 10 minutes, watch the handle!!
- I use an instant read thermometer and like my chops at 155.
- Check them after 10 minutes in the oven to make sure they're at about 140-150 and let them sit under foil for another 15 minutes (the temp will rise 7-10 degrees right out of the oven).
Live to Thrive,
LaurenAdd to Favourites