Happy Wednesday Pumpkins!
Honestly, I’ve made it this far without indulging my insane adoration for all things pumpkin, why not just make it through the holiday season right? WRONG! I can’t flipping take it anymore! Give me pumpkin or give me a hangnail!
This recipe is based off of this little sweeties recipe- Running to the Kitchen. And when she says there’s some nasty Paleo pancakes out there she isn’t lying. ICK! My sweet Mother in Law and I made some slight modifications and they turned out ab-so-lute-ly ah-maz-zing!
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1.5 cups egg whites
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 capfuls vanilla extract
- coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a pancake griddle or in a large pan over medium heat
- Combine dry ingredients
- Combine wet ingredients
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add coconut oil (about 2 tbsp per batch)
- Pour batter in approximately ¼ cupfuls onto pan and spread out into pancake shape (the batter will be a bit thick and need some help to form a circle)
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side and flip with all of your talent!
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed
Before you serve- this is very important! ALWAYS heat up your maple syrup in the the microwave or on the stove. It will make your grass fed butter all melty
Here’s a picture of me on a boat with our good friends, heading out to the islands in the Gulf of Mexico woo!
Annnd a picture of my sweet hubs holding a dog, naturally….That’s boogie!
Live to Thrive,