Happy Thursday Loves!
I have a special treat for you today! A couple weeks back (I know, I lag) I had the opportunity to chat with one of the baddest chicks in Paleo Blogland and perhaps anywhere. Michelle from the infinitely famous Paleo recipe blog, Cavegirl Cuisine.
It was a sunny, balmy afternoon out on my back porch, pint glass of red wine in hand as I made the call. She picks up sounding excited for our “wine-terview” and her Southern accent is so stinkin’ cute I can hardly bear it. We began to chat about blogger nonsense and foodie porn, what makes us tick and why we do what we do. As I took notes like a crazy person with a need to write down every word that came out of her mouth (transparent to her obvi lol) I decided to drop the pen and settle in with easy flowing conversation and of course, the wine. She’s my new secret BFF (also transparent to her) and if you haven’t checked out her recipes do it NOW. Ultimately, I look up to her blog so this was a great chance to get a feel of the woman behind the brilliance. The best way to do so you ask? Enter- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About Cavegirl Cuisine!
- Cooking is my passion, especially when I am faced with an ingredient I haven’t cooked with before.
- Red wine is my Achilles heel!
- I lived in Italy when I was in high school and would hitch-hike everywhere (when I wasn’t riding on the back of my friend’s Vespa). It’s amazing I’m still alive.
- I love camping and fishing. My grandma even bought me a BB gun when I was five and she would set up cans for me to shoot (yep, I’m originally from Georgia!).
- Hmmm…I will try just about any food (and like it)…but Haggis scares the hell out of me!
- I’m kind of a hippie at heart, but I’m living in Subugatory.
- I love tennis shoes…I buy a new color about every other month.
- I painted birch trees on my bedroom walls one night on a whim…they have been there a year.
- Mud runs are my one of my new favorite “finds”.
- I have five cats. My husband always said that he thought I’d become “the cat lady”; however, he just thought he’d be dead first!
- While I was working on my undergrad degree, I worked in a bar at night…it was one of my favorite jobs ever ~ I love being the center of attention (only-child syndrome).
- I have a daisy tattoo on my toe. I was 25 years old and had been dumped by my boyfriend. After a week of crying and feeling sorry for myself, I went out and climbed a 36-foot rock wall and then went and got a tattoo. I took back my life that day and my little daisy always reminds me of that feeling.
- I have tried all sorts of “diets” throughout my life. My evolution from modern-day woman to cavegirl, if you will, has been eye-opening. I have been eating “Paleo” for the past year (I was a clean-eater prior to that). This lifestyle just makes sense to me. It makes me feel good. I sleep better. I have more energy when I exercise. My skin is clearer. I am just a happier person…and that’s pretty much what life is all about as far as I can tell!
Many thanks to Michelle for letting me pick her brain. This was such a fun project, let us know your thoughts and be sure to head over to Cavegirl Cuisine and show her some love!
Live to Thrive,