Yo yo Happy Wednesday!
Here are a couple fantastic recipes from the 21 day sugar detox PLUS 5 reasons why I love homemade Paleo carnitas tacos.
5 Reasons Why I Love Homemade Paleo Carnitas Tacos:
- Easy to make- perfect for plopping in the crock pot before work
- Absolutely delicious and savory- pure culinary satisfaction
- Minimal ingredients- get weird with some spices, there are no rules!
- Messy as shit during consumption- extra napkins required
- Building your lettuce taco is fun and customizable for the whole fam!
Easy Crock Pot Carnitas:
- 4lb pork butt
- 1 quart organic chicken broth (read the ingredients here! they’ll sneak nasty stuff in on you!)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp clove
- 1 tsp corriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 hot dried chilies
- water to cover
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- Radishes (I like to soak mine in jalapeno juice for about 20 minutes
- Place all the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on medium for 8 hours.
- When you’re getting close to eat time, preheat the oven to broil.
- Place the pork in a large bowl and shred with 2 forks.
- Lay the shredded pork out on a baking dish and spoon the fat from the crock pot over the top. This gives it the amazing crunchy texture.
- Broil for about 15 minutes.
- Place the pork on washed and dried lettuce or coconut flour tortillas and add all of your extras.
- Add all your garnishes and enjoy!
Live to Thrive,